Friday 18 January 2013

January 2013: Glossybox and Birchbox

I got both my Glossybox and Birchbox (formally Joliebox) this week and here is what I got.

First up the Glossybox. The theme this month is detox, for January that is pretty much the best theme to have.  In my box I received:

1. A sample of Lacoste, Eau de Lacoste.  I don't usually like perfume samples as I'm a bit boring and stick to the same 2/3 perfumes.  I feel as though I have found my perfect scents and until I get bored of them I'm happy to stick to them.  However, having said that the Eau de Lacoste is a really nice clean scent, its not to sweet and I will be throwing in my weekend bag for next time I go away.

2. Next up is the Monu Micro Exfolioant.  This liquid is really light and the spreads easily on the skin and the tiny tiny particles offer a gentle exfoliation which I think is good for this time of year, especially as skin tends to be more sensitive due to the cold!

3. I also got the Murad Hydro Dynamic Ultimate Moisture for eyes which I'm looking forward to trying as I really like Murad products - especially the Essential C Cleanser and also their Water Resistent Sunscreen.  Both of these are lovely to use and my skin just really gets on with them.

4.A samples of Sanctuary of their Peptide Transformation Serum and the Thermal Rose Clay Mask which is a two step system which is meant to detox your face and promises to "...dramatically improve the appearance of your skin, without cosmetic injections."  I'm a bit uncertain on this.  I'm trying out the Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Mask and the Aesop Primrose Facial Cleansing Masque (I couldn't decide between the two and the lovely people at Aesop have given me loads of samples of both so that I can try them out), and for some reason they just appeal more to me, I think that this Sanctury Skin may be more suitable for my mum so she might get this to try out.

5. The BM Beauty Dewy Perfection Finishing Powder is a 100% natural mineral powder and has a nice texture.  I think I prefer this to the Bare Minerals as this just disappears into your skin with a lot less effort.  Thumbs up on this one!

Finally, I also got a Glossybox sleep mask which to be honest is lost on me as I hate wearing them.  Overall, the January Detox box is good, nothing exciting but definitely things that I am happy to try which is whole point anyway.

On to the Birchbox, this is the first box received from Birchbox after it took over Joliebox and I'm hoping that it will mean that we will get lots of lovely US products sent our way.  January's box has a Fresh Start theme:

1. I'm a fan of Fresh products and I'm more than happy with the Sugar Rose Lip Treatment I have received. I already have this lip treatment in Berry, Passion and Honey and just love the texture.  The product really a lovely texture, really helps with dry lips and the colours are lovely.

2. The KMS ADD VOLUME Volumizing Spray has a very strange texture, its really gloopy looking and a little unattractive. Having said that I like volumising products and if this does what it says then happy days.

3. Taaj is a brand that I've been reading more and more about so Creme Mains Delhicates Hands Cream is something that I'm more than happy to try.  The cream itself is very light in texture, it sinks into the sink almost immediately and doesn't have a strong scent.

4. Another eye cream I received this month is the Wei White Lotus Moisture Rich Eye Blend and first impressions are that the cream feels really thick and as a result I think it might feel heavy on my skin.  Perhaps this is one for the evenings.

Finally, I also received a Teapigs sample in peppermint.  I love this tea so this bought a smile to my face.

If you are interested in signing up for these boxes here are the links:
http://www.glossybox.co.uk/
http://birchbox.co.uk/




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment