Thursday 16 August 2012

GlossyBox - August 2012

I received my August GlossyBox yesterday, yay!  It might be silly but I can't help but get a little excited when the email comes through confirming that my GlossyBox is on its way!

This month's GlossyBox has an International Superstars theme and I received:

1. Alessandro Pro White from Germany, a nail polish which is supposed to brighten the appearnace of nails.  As I like to paint my nails on my hands in neutral colours, I'm really looking forward to using this.

2. DHC Deep Cleansing Oil from Japan, I already use Shu Uemura cleansing oil, not only to clean my face but also to get rid of wax residue when I've waxed my legs and even to smooth the way when I want to shave my legs!  You can therefore safely say that I'm a fan and I'm glad that I have this travel size that I can take with me when I go on holiday.

3. All For Eve, Eve's Balm which is just what I need for my feet, elbows and knees which all get a little dry at this time of the year.

4. Vera Valenti L'ombre a Paupiere Margarita eyeshadow palette from Spain.  I've never heard of this brand and the packaging does look a little cheap and a little bit playschool, however most of the colours look quite wearable so I will reserve judgement on the actual product.

5. Lipcote, lipstick sealer.  I used to use this stuff back in the 90's and promptly forgot about it.  I'm looking forward to having a retro moment with this when I next wear some colourful lipstick, however more than likely this is probably going to be given to my sister who tends to wear brighter shades then me.

6. GlossyBox Lipstick in Glossy Pink, this was an extra in this month's box and I really like the texture of the lipstick, it doesn't dry out your lips and it feels very nice on.  The colour is pretty but not that suitable for my Asian skin tone, however, I will see what I can do with a bit of mixing and matching and it may well earn a place in my makeup drawers!

Overall, I think that this GlossyBox is a winner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment